Racing for a Cause at Go Karting World
Matt Mingay Day
Matt Mingay Day: Racing for a Cause at Go Karting World
- All funds raised support injured Gold Coast based stuntman Matt Mingay
- The public will get the opportunity to race alongside motorsport stars in a special relay race
- Go karting, raffles, auctions, simulators and more – all raising funds for Mingay
- Special karting prices: 10 minute sessions- $30 each, family/kids/dual karts 6 minute sessions- $20 each, normal licensing requirements apply & VIP Gold Passes don’t apply
- Keep tuned to this website, and our Facebook, Twitter & Instagram pages for all of the latest updates during the week
- Read the full news release here
Slideways Go Karting World at Pimpama will this Sunday (July 17th) host Matt Mingay Day, raising funds for the world renowned Gold Coast based stuntman, who is recovering from injuries received in a recent racing accident in the USA.
Between 9am and 1pm, the proceeds from all go kart sessions will be donated to Mingay’s Go Fund Me campaign (www.gofundme.com/mingayfund), with further money set to be raised through a series of raffles, auctions, simulator races and more.
Special guests already confirmed to attend include:
- V8 Supercar Star Tim Slade
- V8 Supercars Rookie Kurt Kostecki
- V8 Utes Champ Ryal Harris
- V8 Utes Star Ryan Handsford
- Charli Robinson from Sea FM Breakfast
- Some huge names from the world of motorcycle racing
- PLUS MORE to be announced during the week!
A feature will be a silent auction, where members of the public get the chance to bid for the opportunity to drive alongside a star of their choice in a feature relay kart race. To qualify, drivers will have to have driven in one of the regular karting sessions, which kick off at 9am.
- V8 Supercar hot lap ride, thanks to Nissan Motorsport
- Hot Wheels Drift Car ride
- Wake Boarding Prize Pack thanks to Pro Wake
- Hot Wheels hat signed by Matty Mingay and the Nitro Circus crew, Streetbike Tommy, Crum and Travis Pastrana thanks to Donate for a Mate
- 2x tickets to Sportsnet’s Dinner with the Stars at Q1 during the GC600
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Gold Coast Getaway
- 2 x $250 Bob Jane T Marts Vouchers
- 2 x Tickets to Ipswich Supercar Event with 1x Safety Car Ride
- Drive & Ride Voucher thanks to V8 Race
- Pest Control Spray thanks to Jack Dixon
- Jet Pilot Prize Pack
- 10x Double Passes to Dreamworld
- Parramatta Holiday Inn Getaway
- Framed tennis ball signed by Aussie Tennis ace Sam Groth from Donate for a Mate
- PLUS MORE!!
- Merchandise with thanks to Hot Wheels
- Merchandise with thanks to SharkBite Australia
Demonstrations & Displays
- Hot Wheels motorcycle stunt show
- Hot Wheels Drift Mustang
- Hot Wheels Jump Truck
- Matt’s Harley-Davidson stunt bike
- Bandoleros car racing demo
- Legend race car demo
- Quik Chix Racing Team Quad Bike Racing
- Racing Kart demo
- Exotic cars, muscle cars, racing cars & MORE!
Also, thanks to Clancy’s Signs and Monster Energy for their assistance with the day.
About Matt Mingay
Matt Mingay was seriously injured on the 4th of June in a Stadium Super Truck accident at the Belle Isle Grand Prix in Detroit, and has subsequently continued his recovery back in Australia.
To date, Mingay’s Go Fund Me campaign has raised over $70,000 towards a final goal of $100,000, which is set to cover some of his medical bills amassed to date.
Mingay, a professional stunt rider since 1998, has grown a cult following the world over, with his antics on two and four wheels thrilling millions of fans at race tracks every year.
“I’m so overwhelmed by the massive level of support my fans and motorsport family have shown since my accident, your encouragement and good vibes is what pushes me to get out of hospital and back to 110%,” said Mingay.
“I also want to thank my good mates at Go Karting World for really getting behind me and showing their support.
“They have such an epic day planned, so if you can, get down there and meet some of your favourite V8 drivers and motorbike riders.
“It will be a great day for not only the mums and dads, but also my number one supporters, all the little kids, as we have a little surprise organised for every child that attends.”
About Slideways Go Karting World
Slideways Go Karting World is located at 232 Old Pacific Highway in Pimpama, only two minutes north of Dreamworld.
Featuring an undulating 700m layout, Slideways’ European Sodi Race Karts are capable of reaching speeds of up to 70km/h.
Children who as less than 140cm minimum heigh won’t be left out, with kids karts that cater for drivers 120cm and up, which can be joined by dual karts and family karts on the venue’s full length race track.