Slideways Karting Academy
Having emerged from the original concept by Slideways owner Cam Wilson for the Junior Karting Academy, Slideways are now offering the ultimate Karting Academy training courses.
No longer are these courses offered just for the juniors, our new advanced programmed courses are available for all age brackets.
Prior bookings are essential, as grouping the appropriate age and skill levels together is imperative for maximising the productivity of courses for each participant. Standard Slideways Membership age/height requirements apply.
Slideways reserves the rights to alter days and times of these courses to best ‘group’ the participants involved.
Applicable to both Adults/Juniors/Cadets
A Grade: SWS Series Competitor (Top 3 placegetter at an SWS event)
B Grade: SWS Series Competitor (Mid to Front pack regular runner at SWS event)
C Grade: Newcomer/Progressing (Rear pack runner SWS event, irregular participant)
D Grade: Newcomer/Beginners
Tuesday Nights: Junior/Adults (Sodi GT4 karts only)
Thursday Nights: Cadets (Sodi LR4 karts only)
D Grade: 4.00pm – 4.30pm
C Grade: 4.30pm – 5.00pm
B Grade: 5.00pm – 5.30pm
A Grade: 5.30pm – 6.00pm
PLEASE NOTE – bookings are essential! Please call (07) 5546 6566!
Criteria of the Academy
- Drivers should arrive 15 minutes prior to Grading Academy Start.
- All drivers (NO MATTER THE GRADING) are eligible to enter any Academy session with the full understanding of the below element.
- ONLY drivers in there correct relevant “Driver Graded” allocated session will have the dedication of the Academy Instructors during the session.
Giving flexibility to each participant, all fees are purely based on track time and can be chosen from the following options:
- Option 1 = $33 for 10 minutes on track
- Option 2 = $55 for 20 minutes on track
- Option 3 = $75 for 30 minutes on track
* Please note: VIP credits are ineligible for all academy courses.
Meet the Mentors
Slideways Go Karting Australia’s owner Cam Wilson is an extremely well accomplished driver in his own right, having achieved various prestigious titles in both karting and car racing alike.
His passion in life involves everything to do with the motor racing industry.
Having started racing karts at 12 years of age, it wasn’t long before he progressed to the top Junior International category, and secured the first of his many state championship titles.
The first hire kart centre in QLD was established in 1992, then just 18 years of age, Cam’s passion for this industry was cemented and his goal has been to go above and beyond the normal expectations offered.
Nowadays, aside from running the busiest Hire Karting venues in Australia, Cam is also the ACKA (Australian Concessional Karting Association) Chairman, and the only approved industry representative on the working group committee (ME51) of Australian Standards.
He is the holder of multiple state and national championships in both karting and car racing alike, and has been a winner in every single category ever contested from karts to cars, including Australian Trans-Am and V8 Utes.
He is also a Guinness World Record holder having re set the benchmark in 2014 for endurance karting having achieved the greatest distance travelled at an indoor karting venue in 24 hours, racking up 604km in total.
Cam’s passion for racing is unquestionable, and this also shows in the people he recruits. For the academy alone his assistants are all well accomplished racers, enlisting the services of multiple state champions Josh Brown and Danial Goddard to name just a few.
- Raced karts since 1993
- National Go Karting Champion
- Six-time State Go Karting Champion
- Six-time Club Champion
- Factory driver for Drew Price Engineering (Arrow Karts), test driver and developer for Queensland
- Raced cars at state level, won rounds and pole positions, including dirt, drag and circuit, both tin tops and open wheelers
- Started racing karts at age 15 in dirt kart, winning the State Championship and multiple Club Championships
- Consistent front runner in circuit karting, second place in State Championships
- Lap record holder in Commodore Cup at Hidden Valley Raceway
- Has worked in circuit, drag, speedway, karting and off-road racing
- Moved to Queensland in 2009 to work with Cam Wilson, race preparation and engineering in classes such as V8 Utes (two time Champions), Subaru WRX Stis, Geminis, Keema Cup and Touring Car Masters
Contact Us Now to Register
Please contact us to register your interest
specifying the following:
- Drivers full name, age, height & address, phone, email contact details
- Current average lap time achieved (if any)